Who are they?
Tour Leaders are quite simply the glue that holds our tours together. They are:
- Chosen for their travel experience and people skills
- Experienced with looking after groups
- From the UK or ‘locally’ based
- Thoroughly trained by Explore - widely acknowledged as some of the best training in the industry
What do they do?
A Tour Leader's ultimate aim is to ensure everyone is well looked after and have a wonderful holiday. They are there to:
- Ensure that the tour runs smoothly
- Ensure the logistics are in place
- Ensure health and safety is adhered to
- Provide comprehensive briefings at the beginning and throughout the tour
How we know they’re so good.
As mentioned above our Tour Leaders were voted - by customers - the best in the Industry by a Holiday Which Magazine Report:
"In comparison, worldwide adventure specialist Explore had the highest proportion of customers who were very satisfied with their tour rep (sic) (86%), reflecting the vital guiding role of the tour rep (sic) in their small group escorted activity holidays."
In 2009 one of our Tour Leaders, Diego Torres won the Wanderlust Paul Morrison Guide Awards - which we are extremely proud of. Nominated by our customers, their feedback helped him win the gold award.
Customer feedback on all tours, rates our Tour Leader performance as 93 out of 100 and we aim for all our leaders to perform to those exacting standards.
Our Tour Leaders are key to the success of our tours, so we ensure they're well supported and with regular training sessions in the UK and in all corners of the world. If you had a great experience on tour, make sure you cast your vote in the 2013 Explore Tour Leader of the Year Award.