Why book this tour?
The cost of a permit to track gorillas in Uganda is $500. Unlike other travel companies we include this mandatory fee in our tour prices. Please take this into account when comparing Explore prices with other operators.
2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 11 Breakfasts
- 9 Dinners
- 7 Lunches
- 5 nights Standard Lodge
- 2 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Standard Lodge
- 2 nights Comfortable Lodge
- 1 night Comfortable Permanent Tented Camp
4WD Safari minibuses and boat.
Approx 9 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s), park rangers/guides/trackers and boat crew.
Uganda Safari Tour
Join us for a chance to see the incredible primates and wildlife of the Ugandan rainforest. We spend two days in Kibale Forest, the best place in Africa to spot chimpanzees.
From our comfortable eco-lodge we explore the forest with a population of over 1000 chimps and 13 varieties of other primates including Red-Tailed monkey, Colobus monkey and many others. We take a day walk in the majestic Rwenzori Mountains also known as “Mountains of the Moon” and visit local villages around the area.
We join a cruise in the Kazinga channel, a real highlight and a chance to observe hippo, crocodile, buffalo and herds of elephants at close range before taking game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park where we hope to spot the famous tree climbing lions. We then travel deep into the rainforest near Bwindi, where we experience the ultimate wildlife encounter: we get up close and personal with the endangered mountain gorilla in its natural habitat. We also take a swim or a canoe ride in Lake Bunyonyi, surrounded by verdant rolling hills and a walking safari in Lake Mburo.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - Game viewing in Uganda’s finest reserve.
- Kibale National Park - The best destination for chimp tracking.
- Lake Bunyonyi - Spend two days relaxing on the shore of Bunyonyi Lake, surrounded by lush vegetation and rolling hills
- Rwenzori Walk - An exciting day walk at the foothills of the majestic "Mountains of the Moon".
- Kazinga Channel - An exhilarating cruise looking out for hippo, crocodile, elephant and birdlife.
- Bwindi National Park - On foot in the equatorial rainforest in search of Mountain gorillas.
- Ugandan People - Some of the friendliest and most hospitable of Africans.
What you say
Kiity Hallam travelled to see the gorillas when she won a place on an Explore holiday as a reward for raising the most money in the 2011 Great Gorilla Run. Find out what it was like for her coming face to face with the animals she worked so hard to raise funds for.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Kampala
Drive to Kibale rainforest
Chimp Trek in Kibale followed by a Swamp Walk through the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary
Day walk at the foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains and transfer to Queen Elizabeth N.P.
Morning game drive in Queen Elizabeth N.P.; Kazinga Channel river cruise
Short game drive in the Ishasha sector; transfer to Bwindi National Park
Nature walk and time at leisure in Bwindi
Drive to Lake Bunyonyi through coffee plantations and rolling hills
Day at leisure at Lake Bunyonyi
Transfer to Lake Mburo and game drive
Drive to Entebbe where the tour ends