This is the USA websiteToll Free USA - 1 800 715 1746 Toll Free Canada – 1 888 216 3401
Provence and the Ventoux CPV
Tour Duration 8 Days
Tough Cycling Tour In Provence
Join us on a challenging cycling tour following some of the Tour de France's famous hill climbs over the hills of the Luberon and to the top of Mont Ventoux. We discover the landscape that inspired Van Gogh, visit ancient vineyards and hilltop villages. Sample some of the regions gastronomic highlights along the way.
- Mont Ventoux - Cycle up the legendary Tour de France mountain
- Food and wine - Sample wines such as Chateauneuf du Pape and the region's gastronomic highlights along the way
- Orange - Discover the superb Roman Theatre
- St-Remy-de-Provence - A delightful market town at the foot of the Alpilles mountain range and one time home to Vincent Van Gogh
- Cycle the Luberon - Pretty villages and the Col de Murs warm up climb
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour Avignon train station
3Cycle to Carpentras
4In Carpentras and/or optional rides
5Optional cycle ride up Mount Ventoux
6Cycle to St.Remy de Provence
7Optional circular cycle ride to La Montagnette and Les Baux en Provence
8Tour ends Avignon train station
Customer ratingRead reviews
TransportBicycle, Train, Car
Accommodation7 nights Standard Hotel
Tour StaffExplore Tour Leader / Driver
On this tour we cycle 430 km over six days (an average of 72 km per day). Four of the cycling days are circular routes and therefore optional. We mainly use quiet, undulating roads although there will be several steeper sections. Maps are provided to cycle individually or in groups and there is a support vehicle for emergencies. We have graded the route as challenging to tough.
21 gear Trek T10 Navigator hybrid bikes