Give your tribe an adventure this summer and save 10% if you book a family adventure departing in July or August 2012.
Being a parent shouldn't spell the end of your travelling adventures. Adventure holidays for families allow you to explore exotic and unique destinations, with all of the logistics taken care of. Travelling in a small group with other families allows children to make new friends and adults to relax and enjoy their surroundings.
Here are some of some of our most popular family adventures..
Your little ones will love Costa Rica with its combination of stunning beaches and endless adrenalin-pumping activities. Take to the jungle waterways on a boat trip towards Tortuguero, translated as 'Land of Turtles'. Created from narrow lagoons, these colourful canals link small isolated settlements and bring you within eyeshot of birds, monkeys and marine life.
For trips made between June and September, there's a good chance you'll spot loggerhead turtles as they struggle ashore on Tortuguero’s beaches to lay their eggs.
Adrenalin comes in the form of wire walkways suspended in the rainforest canopy in Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, while whitewater rafting and plunging into waterfalls is also not-to-be-missed.
Our 15-day Costa Rica Family Adventure takes in San Jose, wildlife spotting in Tortuguero, the cloud forest reserve in Monteverde and the forest park Manuel Antonio.
You don't have to spend a fortune for a family adventure. Croatia, with its azure waters and laid-back vibe is one of the places to go.
For a water-soaked trip, stick to the coast and take your family sea kayaking along the Makarska Coast. Even first-timers will quickly find their own rhythm while negotiating the serene landscape of isolated bays and white beaches, with towering views of central Dalmatia all around.
Head further inland to the Cetina River for your chance to explore underground tunnels, paddle through natural pools and scramble over rocks with a canyoning trip, suitable for kids of any age. Continue your aquatic adventure here with some whitewater rafting. Alternatively, take to the mountains of Omis for a hiking and climbing tour.
Our eight-day Family Adventure in Croatia includes an itinerary of kayaking and canyoning while being based in a rural hamlet with access to the Dalmatian Coast.
Thailand's not just a destination for backpackers and business travellers; it's also great for kids. Thanks to an unbeatable tourism infrastructure and myriad sites - from the bright lights of Bangkok and castaway islands to elephant rides among rice terraces - there's boundless variety.
For an unforgettable adventure, head north to cultural capital Chiang Mai - the gateway to hilltribe country. Trekking into the northern hills, beyond the village of Pai, will bring you face-to-face with a number of tribes, from the Karen to Red Lahu. Meet the village's shaman, explore its intricate temple and open your kids' eyes to a whole new culture.
Our Family Adventure in Thailand takes in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, a hilltribe trek, elephant ride and Koh Samet.
Take a look at all our Family Adventures departing in July and August
Terms and Conditions:
- The 10% discount offer applies to all new bookings made on any Explore Family Adventure tour that departs in July 2012 or August 2012, and is confirmed between 30 March 2012 and 15 May 2012.
- The discount is per person and does not apply to any supplements or, additional hotels or services.
- The 10% discount will not be taken off the deposit which must be paid in full based on the regular tour price. The discount in the ammount of 10% of the regular tour price will be applied to the final balance.
- The discount offer applies to land tour prices only bookings. Land only tours include the overseas tour element only and customers are responsible for purchasing their flights independently.
- If your tour date is cancelled for any reason by Explore, the discount can only be redeemed against the same tour on another departure date. A cash alternative will not be offered.
- If the original booking is cancelled by the customer, the discount cannot be transferred to another tour.
- This offer can be combined with the Explore Family Adventures loyalty discount but it cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The offer is not open to friends, family, employees of Explore or any associated companies.
- All the above discounts apply to bookings on our group adventures, not to bookings made with Explore Tailormade.