Full Moon and Stargazing Departures
Trekking on or near the full moon means that your summit night ascent will be brighter, whilst new moon treks are better for stargazing. On the following dates your trek coincides with either the full or new moon (not necessarily on summit night). See https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/
Departures enjoying a full moon during the trek: 13JAN, 10FEB (summit on full moon), 07JUL (summit on full moon), 04AUG, 08SEP, 06OCT.
Best for stargazing (new moon during the trek): 27JAN, 24FEB, 23JUN, 21JUL, 20OCT, 22DEC.
Departures enjoying a full moon during the trek: 02FEB, 29JUN, 27JUL, 24AUG, 21SEP, 28SEP, 26OCT, 21DEC.
Best for stargazing (new moon during the trek): 17JUL,10AUG, 07SEP, 14SEP, 12OCT.
Why book this trip
Mount Kilimanjaro Climb - Ten good reasons why you should make your once in-a-lifetime trek with Explore:-
- Our ascent rates are slow and safe, resulting in a higher than average summit success rate
- The safety of our Kilimanjaro trek has been assessed by an independent medical specialist
- We include the Kilimanjaro park fees in the trip price
- Our Kili trek leaders are regularly voted as among the best in the world
- Our trek Leaders are first aid and altitude trained
- We carry oxygen cylinders and Gamow bags on all treks for emergency use
- Our local partner is a long established and reputable Kilimanjaro specialist
- Our trekking staff are from the local area - revenues from our treks benefit the local economy
- Part of the proceeds of your climb help the 'Say No to Malaria' campaign administered by our Tanzanian partner
Kilimanjaro with Explore - SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, HONEST