Highlights of Guyana and Suriname
- Iwokrama Rainforest - Search for wildlife from canopy walkways including howler monkeys and several species of birds
- Surama - Stay with an Amerindian community and enjoy eating local food
- Burro Burro River trip - Experience a dawn canoe trip searching for giant river otters, spider monkeys and more
- Anaula Nature Reserve - Spend three nights searching for caiman, visiting local villages and going on nature walks with local guides
- Capitals - Explore Paramaribo and Georgetown, the capitals of Suriname and Guyana
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour Paramaribo
2City tour of Paramaribo, optional sunset dolphin cruise
3Drive to Atjoni, boat ride along the Suriname River to nature resort
4Canoe journey to visit local villages
5Free morning to relax or go for walks, return to Paramaribo
6Travel to Georgetown via the Mangrove Heritage Trail
7Free day in Georgetown, optional Kaiteur Falls trip
8Transfer to the Iwokrama Canopy Walkway
9Wildlife spotting from canopy walkways
10Drive to the Amerindian village of Surama
11Walk up Surama Mountain for incredible views
12Burro Burro River trip searching for wildlife
13Fly back to Georgetown
14Tour ends Georgetown
Each departure date has its own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Guyana and Suriname Explorer trip available at present.
Please select a date: