Cultural Discovery Tour of Greece, Bulgaria and Macedonia
- Lake Ohrid - Enjoy a truly stunning lake and mountain setting; tour the historical buildings situated around the lake
- Rila Monastery - Spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site with its brightly coloured frescoes
- Matka Gorge - Experience the natural wonder of Matka Gorge; chance for a boat trip
- Sofia - Old town sightseeing
- Vergina - Visit the ancient capital of Macedonian Kings
- Mt. Athos - Boat excursion along the coast of Athos to reach 'the holy mountain'
- Thassos Island - Day trip by ferry to visit its Roman remains and Medieval fortress
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour in Sofia (Bulgaria)
2City tour of Sofia before travelling to Macedonia for our overnight stay in a monastery
3Sightseeing in Kratovo and Skopje including Kale Fortress
4Excursion to Matka Gorge with the chance for a boat trip
5Drive to Lake Ohrid via Mavrovo National Park
6Guided walking tour of Ohrid and an afternoon to relax beside the lake
7Chance to enjoy a walking tour around the lake or maybe a boat trip
8Visit to Saint Naum Monastery en route to Pelister National Park
9See the ancient sights of Heraclea and Pella; arrive in Thessaloniki (Greece)
10Guided tour of Thessaloniki and visit to the UNESCO site of Vergina
11Drive to Kavala via the Halkidiki Peninsula; boat trip to see Mount Athos
12Excursion to Thassos Island to explore or relax on the beach
13Explore historical Philippi before driving on to Bansko in Bulgaria
14Visit to the beautiful Rila Monastery; afternoon free in Sofia
15Tour ends in Sofia
Each departure date has it's own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Ancient Macedonia trip available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this trip
TransportBus, Boat, Ferry
Accommodation13 nights Standard Hotel
1 night Standard Monastery